The Hydroflux Group is presenting a workshop on Wastewater System Design and Management with the Australian Sustainability Business Group.
Many companies need to install, operate and manage wastewater treatment systems to remain in compliance and to reduce high costs associated with discharge either to waterways or to sewer, and then deal with the wastes it makes. To help sites better manage their wastewater systems, this workshop takes you through the range of processes and regulatory requirements needed to select and operate your wastewater system at its optimum level.
This course covers:
- Overview of Sydney Water’s tradewaste policy and agreement processes
- Discharge limits and approaches under environment protection licences
- Upstream focus on cleaner production and reducing the load on the treatment plant
- An in-depth look at a Sydney Water tradewaste agreement
- Solid and liquid waste management costs, and how to reduce them
Treatment systems covered
- Preliminary treatment: Screening and balancing
- Physical separation: Dissolved air flotation, settling systems, filtration, RO, dewatering and management of sludge etc.
- Biological: The process of BOD reduction using activated sludge, anaerobic versus aerobic
- Chemical treatment: Understanding coagulants and flocculants, filter aids, etc.
About the Hydroflux Group
The Hydroflux Group comprises eleven companies based in Australia, New Zealand, the Pacific, and the UK, providing design and build, equipment, processes and operational services in water and wastewater treatment. Hydroflux Industrial specialises in industrial wastewater treatment including designing and constructing plants and supplying equipment across all sectors. Hydroflux Industrial is a member of the Hydroflux Group.
ASBG is a business representative body helping organisations deal with the substantial and rapidly changing environmental/greenhouse laws and helping them to become more sustainable. To visit the ASBG web site click here
Hydroflux Industrial Pty Ltd
Level 26, 44 Market St. Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
P +61 2 9089 8833 F +61 2 9089 8830