HiFlowTM can be provided in concrete tanks for larger applications. The HiFlowTM plate packs are installed within the concrete tank and supported via internal beams which are either formed as part of the tank, or bolted within the tank using steel members.
Longitudinal launders direct the clarified overflow to the final discharge weir boxes. The concrete tank can be provided with a flat or circular sloping floor. Sludge is removed using either horizontal sludge scraper system or VeeMax® mechanism.
- • Low footprint as compared to traditional clarifiers
- • Ideal for primary sludge sedimentation and raw water treatment
- • Lower costs associated with ancillary equipment such as odour control
- • Modular arrangement
- • High level of sludge compaction
To view Hydroflux’s alternative range of lamella separator options please select from the links below:
The HiFlowTM lamella separator is a high rate solids separation process that has 1/10th of the physical footprint as compared to conventional circular clarifiers. It is used as a primary and secondary clarifier in sewage, primary clarifier in water treatment and primary clarification of industrial wastewater.
Hydroflux have extensive expertise and references for clarification/lamella technology as follows:
- • Over 330 clarifier systems manufactured since 1962
- • Highly effective plate pack surface area
- • All stainless steel lamella pack construction
- • Robust construction with proven sludge removal systems (VeeMax®, LogMax® and HeadMax®)
- • Laminar flow conditions
- • Free standing design in steel construction
- • Concrete tank designs for larger applications
A series of inclined lamella plate packs are used to increase the effective surface area of the unit and to overcome hindered settling.
The clarified liquid is collected by longitudinal weir launders. The flow within the lamella tank is laminar to ensure settle solids do not resuspend into the clarified water. Sludge is extracted from sludge hoppers at the bottom of the tank. An optional sludge rake mechanism in each hopper keeps the sludge fluid to prevent rat-holing. Various configurations of sludge removal are available.
As a pioneer in Australia, Hydroflux continues to offer EPCO Australia’s complete design, build, install and refurbishment service. Our commitment to our clients does not end with the delivery of the project and we support our clients so that that their plants continue to operate at their full design capacity well into the future.