The HyDAF Dissolved Air Flotation (DAF) system’s simplicity and exceptional performance in industrial applications are just two of the reasons why the HyDAF is the Dissolved Air Flotation system of choice for primary industrial wastewater treatment today.
Australia’s most experienced wastewater treatment company
Dissolved Air Flotation systems to suit any industry/capacity
Nationwide project delivery capability
For expert advice, please call 1300 417 697
A HyDAF HD dissolved air flotation system comprises the following main components within one packaged plant:
- Hydroflux Hex Inlet Mixer to provide superior inlet flow distribution and flocculent / recycle stream mixing for optimum flotation.
- Integrated Sludge hopper for easy settled solids removal.
- Dissolved air recycle stream injection into the Hydroflux Hex Inlet Mixer for immediate air contact with flocculent and solids particles.
- Flotation zone (DAF Zone) to provide a quiescent volume for the formation of float.
- Counter-current surface skimmer for the removal of surface float.
- Effluent discharge baffle to enhance the separation of the clarified effluent from the quiescent volume.
This micro-bubble precipitation is achieved through the following steps:
- First a recycle stream of treated effluent is taken from the discharge end of the HyDAF and is pressurised to a pressure of 400-600kPa.
- This pressurised flow is injected into specially designed process pipework called a Saturator. Air is added to the Saturator to maintain a “headspace” which acts to provide contact between the air and the treated effluent and it is here that air is dissolved into the recycle stream.
- To precipitate the dissolved air back as micro air bubbles, the pressure is relieved through a Pressure Regulating Valve (PRV). The PRV creates back pressure against the Recycle Pump and establishes the pressure in the system, and in the Saturator. This valve also provides for a high level of shear which aids in the precipitation of the air from the pressurised solution.
Hydroflux Industrial supply a comprehensive range of HyDAF dissolved air flotation systems to suit virtually any industrial application
|HyDAF dissolved air flotation model number||Treatable flow range (KL/Hr)|
There are numerous applications for the HyDAF dissolved air flotation system:
Hydroflux product solutions are fully equipped, ready for operation. This complete offer allows clients to consider the best technical solutions available via the most efficient process